Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Did I say hot

It is sweltering here in Cairnes. All you have to do is walk about 50 yards and you are sweating. Well I do say goodbye to the reef and rain forest today. Off to Brisbane where in should be cooler. I have the underwater pictures being developed as I write this so next time I will have some pictures of the underwater world, I hope.
Went to Kuranda yesterday. Kuranda is a village up in the mountains of the rain forest. I got to hold a Koala and see some fascinating birds and butterflies and took a skyrail over the forest canopy. Very beautiful.
It was nice to see everything here but Cairnes is too touristy for me. Next time I think I will stay in Port Douglas farther north.
I hope everyone is doing well. I will post again hopefully in Brisbane.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

It is not hot in Seattle - but very rainy. We had dinner and watched the Office over at your place. Your cats were very happy! Nebula was on Danny's lap the whole time and Orion kept coming up on my lap, then jumping down to sit by the scratching post. We updated them on your encounters, they asked for a kangaroo.